Ocean Springs Boating Accident Attorney
ABOUT BOATING ACCIDENTS
In our state, boating is a popular and enjoyable activity. However, it is not without risk, as evidenced by the substantial number of injuries and deaths that are caused each year as a result of accidents. If you have been involved in a boating accident, there are several steps you should take immediately after the collision. They include:
- Establishing whether or not anyone requires medical attention
- Contacting the Coast Guard to inform them about the accident, and any injuries that require immediate assistance
- Obtaining information from the operator of the other boat, passengers, and any witnesses
- Obtaining the registration or identification number of the other boat
- Filing a boat accident report with the Coast Guard (this is required if anyone disappears as a result of the incident, is killed, or sustains injuries that require more than first aid, or if the property damage exceeds $2,000)
Finally, you should contact an Ocean Springs personal injury attorney as soon as you are able. If the accident was caused by negligence on the part of another boat operator, you and your passengers may be entitl ed to significant compensation for your injuries and other losses.
BOATING ACCIDENT LAWYER SERVING GULFPORT, LONG BEACH, BILOXI AND PASCAGOULA
Denham Law Firm, PLLC has over six decades of experience in the area of personal injury representation. This allows us to provide effective legal help in personal injury cases of all types, including those that involve boating accidents. Our legal team is prepared to fight aggressively for an outcome in your boating accident case in which you are given the compensation needed to recover from your injuries.
If you have sustained injuries in a boating accident, contact an Ocean Springs boating accident lawyer who can file a personal injury claim on your behalf.